Frequently Asked Questions

Listed below are questions that we are asked most frequently, we hope that the accompanying answers are able to help you. If you still require further information or would like to ask us a question, please contact us.

If I don’t live in Sussex, can the Trust still help me?

Unfortunately, we are only able to offer our services to individuals living in Sussex. However, our team is always happy to help and advise, please contact us with any questions or queries you may have.

I am 30 years old, can the Trust still help me?

The Trust only provides services to individuals up to their 30th birthday. If you’re over the age of 30 or do not live in Sussex, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Does an individual have to be registered partially sighted/sight impaired or blind/severe sight impaired in order to qualify for support from the Trust?

No, as long as your sight is of a level to make you eligible for registration then you will qualify for support.

Do I need to provide proof of my vision impairment?

Yes, in the case of a child the Trust generally checks to make sure that the child is known to the local education authority’s visual impairment team. Alternatively the Trust will ask you to provide a letter from an ophthalmologist outlining the nature of the visual impairment and if possible the visual acuity.

How do I apply for a grant?

Please contact us in order to request a grant application form.

What can I apply for?

The grant needs to be for something which is going to be of some educational benefit to the individual. Any equipment that is provided by the Trust can only be for home use. Please see

Will the Trust provide a grant for equipment which can be used in school?

No, any equipment which is provided by the Trust can only be for home use and the individual is not permitted to take it in to school.

Who is responsible for insuring equipment provided by the Trust?

The client or the client’s family need to take responsibility for insuring the equipment.

Will the Trust provide cash grants?

No, Any equipment or support being requested is purchased directly by the Trust from the supplier or service provider.